Cube Backtracker Challenge
Here's a cube backtracking game to play around with.
The idea is that the computer will mix the cube using a certain number of moves, and you will try to undo the whole sequence. It's easy with 2-4 moves, and starts to get seriously hard at around 7. Everyone can find a level that is challenging for them.
I'm interested in hearing about problems, bugs and possible improvements.
The 6 buttons can also be controlled by the 1-6 keys.
- Minus. Use one less move to mix.
- Plus. Use one more move to mix.
- Play. Show the solution.
- Step. Show the solution one move at the time.
- Rewind. Go back to original position. Counts as failure.
- Next. Get a new mix. Shortcuts are the '=' and space keys.
Keyboard & Mouse
You can control the cube with either the keyboard or the mouse. Full description here, but you can probably figure most of it out yourself by testing A, S, D, Z, X, C, the numeric keypad pad keys, Enter and shift+Enter.